Today’s Quote

“Whatever we possess becomes of double value when we have the opportunity of sharing it with others.” —Audre Lorde (poet).

Aug 9, 2010

The special place I had envisioned

My dear friends, I am so sorry for showing such neglect to our blog. Life has thrown me a couple of curve balls and as a result – I have not had the time or the energy to make our little site the special place I had envisioned.

 
With the ever growing world of social networking, I wanted the families of the DSC to have a place where they could explore, and express their interests, share information, make friendships, and meet new people.

Our blog has been up and running for almost a year now. My vision for the Blog ... 

  • Interact with your friends, families, support groups, etc.
  • Let everyone know your child’s accomplishments (the big and the small) , give us updates, share upcoming events and stories. 
  • Get the word out on important issues and causes and inspire others to take action 
  •  Exchange parenting tips and help benefit the community from your experiences 
  • Connect with people in similar situations.
  • Help your friends and family with Down Syndrome get online.
  • Learn new techniques and mentor new and expecting parents.
Oh yeah, and one of my favorite things in the world – PICTURES! 

If you want to contribute to the blog or need help with posting please don’t hesitate to ask. Please email me at Redbride05@aol.com.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lisa!
    Exactly what I was hoping we would provide with the blog. :) You have done an amazing job with this site!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.