With Mother’s Day right around the corner I thought it would be fun to share about an amazing woman and mother that I am blessed to call my friend.
It was a lazy Sunday after noon and I was watching the Discovery Channel and the show coming up next was Titled “Our 27 kids”. Hello! How could you not be intrigued? The story was about John and Jeanette Murphy, a couple who adopted 23 children with special needs.
As I watched these people tell their story I was in absolute wonderment. I have witnessed first had the obstacles and struggles that came with 1 child that has special needs and these people were caring for 17 at once! Real life super heros!
I decided that I wanted to write them a letter and let them know how emotionally touched I was by their story. That was almost four years ago, and today I am proud to say they are my friends and I care for them like family. John and Jeanette Murphy are amazing people and they have raised some pretty amazing and talented kids.
When I think of incredible mothers (in addition to my own mom) I can’t help but think of Jeanette. Mothers with children that have a little “something extra” are brave and special people and I wish all of you a wonderful day filled with all of the things that make you smile.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.